Welcome to the new and improved community. We want to share with you some of the features available that will hopefully make things a lot better around here.
- Registration and Login by Email/Password and/or by OAuth using Facebook or Google.
Easily register or login using either or both methods. You can easily change those settings at any time when logged in under the settings options.
- Notifications on the website and by email.
Get notified for a number of interactions such as Mentions, Likes, Follows, Responses to your Discussions, and more. Also control those notifications in your account settings.
- Private Discussions - This is a lot like chats or messages but better. You can create private discussions with 1 or more individuals, and groups.
Go to any members profile page and then click on "Controls" then "Send …… a message". You can also find a member under the User Directory, click the three dots on their card and "Send ……. a message" from there as well. When the private discussion panel opens, click on "Recipients" and add more folks if you want to. Please note that Admin as access to all private discussions for security/safety reasons.
- Create Polls in discussions to gain better insight.
Easily add a poll to any discussion you create. You can also edit it to add more options if you need to.
- Follow Discussions, Tags, and Users you want to get notifications on.
Either enable to follow all discussions you comment in automatically from your user settings, or leave off and then easily follow/unfollow any discussion by clicking the "Follow" button. Also get notifications when someone follows/unfollows you. You can also disable the follow feature within your user settings.
- Night/Day Mode so you can change the theme based on your preference.
Prefer a darker theme for night, or just all the time. Click on your username in the upper right corner, and select the mode from that menu…. or click on the Sun/Moon icon located next the notification bell up there as well.
- Best Answer selection so others know what answer worked or you liked best.
Did you ask a question and found the answer? Let others know by selecting the comment as the best answer.
- User Badges to identify members, moderators, and more.
Easily see who is who by viewing any members profile. You never know who you might run into.
- Drafts so you can save your discussion ideas for later.
Typed out that discussion or response, and your just not ready to publish/post it. Perhaps you want to revise it before you do? Click the floppy disc icon in the discussion panel to save it. You can locate saved drafts at the top right in between the search and Mode icon. Click it and then continue on where you left off.